These are some tried and true recipes to get your guests’ mouths watering. Quick and easy is the key!
Grilled Antipasto Sauce with Soprano Sauce
(Yield: 6-8 servings)
6 anchovy filets, drained and finely minced
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon capers, drained and coarsely chopped
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 4 long slices
4 medium zucchini, each cut into 4 long slices
2 small radicchio, cut into quarters
1 medium eggplant, cut into 4 long slices; then each slice cut in ½ widthwise
3 small bunches green onions, trimmed
½ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pint small, ripe cherry tomatoes, tossed in a bowl with a little oil
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Make the Soprano Sauce: Combine the anchovies, garlic and capers in a small bowl or food processor. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season further with salt, if desired. Set aside.
- Build a charcoal fire or preheat gas grill
- Make the vegetables: Lightly coat cut vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt. One by one lay the vegetable slices and green onions on the cooking grate over direct medium heat. (Do this in batches if necessary so the grill is not crowded.) Cook about 5 minutes. Turn the vegetables over. Cook 3 or 4 minutes longer. As soon as vegetables are done, remove from grill and transfer to a platter: the zucchini, radicchio and green onions should be done first; the eggplant will take a little longer and the sweet potatoes will be the last to cook through. While the vegetables are warm, coat with Soprano Sauce. Let cool to room temperature and coat again if necessary.
- When all the other vegetables are done, place the tomatoes onto the cooking grate to mark and warm through, about 2 minutes. Coat with Soprano Sauce and place onto the platter with the other vegetables, if desired. Decorate with wedges and serve at room temperature.
Marinated Feta Bruschetta
(Yield: 4-6 servings)
8 ounces feta cheese
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons minced garlic, about 2 cloves
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh
16 toasted slices of baguette
Place all ingredients except feta in a medium zip-top plastic bag and squeeze to combine. Add the feta and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. (Can marinate at room temperature for up to 5 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place feta and marinating ingredients into a ceramic gratin dish. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until feta becomes soft and slightly golden brown. Serve with the croutons.