SWEET & HOT SHRIMP WITH MAYTAG BLUE CHEESE DIP (12 SERVINGS)
- ¼ cup golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Wooden Skewers
- Mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon peel, cayenne pepper, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Maytag blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2 scallions chopped
- Mix the first three ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the crumbled blue cheese and all but 1 tablespoon of the scallions, and stir until blended but chunky. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Put mixture in a serving bowl and garnish with the reserved 1 tablespoon of scallions.